[ENG] Happy New Year (and Decade)!!!

(Yes, I know that new decade technically starts at 1st January 2021 but I prefer going from round numbers, so now it'll be 9 years not 10, but just for simplicity let's keep it the way it is)
Well everyone, we're finally here. A long decade comes to an end, it's the end of a certain era. I bet that for all of us those last 10 years were an enormous rollercoaster of emotions; meeting new people; birth of new and deaths of old family members; hopefully you found some new, exciting hobbies; I hope you have played a lot of games, read a lot of books, watched a lot of movies or shows, listened to a lot of songs - in short words - I hope you did as many things that make you happy and satisfied!


It was a crazy decade for the gaming industry, can you believe that in the same decade we have received so many game-defining titles? Games that re-defined how we should perceive games? Like - Red Dead Redemption I and II; Grand Theft Auto V; Dark Souls; NieR and NieR:Automata, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, God of War [2018], and many, many more? But there is a second side of this coin - gaming industry has entered into the age of remasters. Many of them are really good and give a beautiful opportunity to truly relive magic of those games today (like Spyro or Crash Trilogies), but sometimes... It's just pure scam (I look at you Dark Souls Remastered)
There were also many great games that flew under the radar or bigger audience like Antichamber or Spec Ops (Don't get me wrong, they were appreciated but comparing to the bestsellers, those games fell far behind), it was also full of genre-defining titles like Dark Souls or Minecraft (Dark Souls [or it's predecessor, Demon's Souls - but it was Dark Souls that became much more popular] has spawned a full genre of games, today called 'Souls-likes' - games like Nioh, The Surge, Remnant: From The Ashes and much more, some of the very recent games take some things from the Souls series like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order) 
It was also a brilliant year for Indie games - Baba Is You, Noita, Dead Cells, Slay The Spire, Disco Elysium and Untitled Goose Game are very few examples of new ideas, creative solutions and experiments that made Indie games stand tall and strong next to AAA titles this year!
And the upcoming year doesn't seem to slow down the pace with Nioh 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil 3 Remake and possibly a lot of great games coming to all kinds of platforms!



I hope that many of you have achieved your small and big dreams and targets - for me, since I have played first Dark Souls, the target was 100%-ing every single part of this series. Some of you may call it boring, some may call it insane or stupid but... It was my target that I was eager to complete. And after 3 long years, I have managed to do just that - from Demon's Souls on PS3, through all Dark Souls parts on PC and BloodBorne on PS4, ending on the most recent Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice back on PC. I am proud of this - that's what keep us going, small victories, small dreams and targets we give ourselves. Thus, I hope you all also had many small victories combined maybe with few big ones!


I could speak more about the whole decade but... We all know how it looked, [hopefully] a lot of new and [hopefully not so many] lost friendships and relationships, a lot of happiness as well as a lot of sadness - broken hearts and healed wounds, difficult life choices - I could write about this year and a decade a lot more, but... I don't want to take any more of your precious time, enjoy the last hours of 2019 and enter 2020 with a bang, and - let this year and decade be a whole lot better than the last one!

Kind Regards,
Wing.

Comments

Popular Posts